Knights of the South Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2.

+10
Marshall
Broadside
Imperator
Scyneir
HTAPAWASO
Laszlo
bobstar_24
Scorch
ACC1
Aleczacool
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2. Empty ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2.

Post  Aleczacool Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:36 am

Code:
"ARMA 2 is a tactical shooter with significant vehicle and aircraft elements. The player is able to command AI squad members which adds a real-time strategy element to the game. This is further enhanced by introduction of the high command system, which allows the player to command multiple squads using the map. ARMA 2 is set primarily in the fictional Eastern European nation of Chernarus, (meaning "Black Russia"). The Chernarus landscape is based heavily on the Czech Republic, the home country of the developer."

ARMA II owners:
Aleczacool
ACC1
Bobstar
Scorch
Damo (RickAstley)
Imperator

Operation Arrowhead owners:
Scorch
?others?

Spoiler:

*UPDATE*
Scorchicus here: A fair few of us have been playing as of 28th July, so if you want to have a game/own it, just let us know on mumble/steam and we would be happy to join in. Check the people who own the game list for those who are playing. Post if you have the game but are not in the list (also note if you have Operation Arrowhead plz).

Last edited by Aleczacool on Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Aleczacool
Aleczacool
Castellan

https://knightsofthesouth.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2. Empty Re: ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2.

Post  ACC1 Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:57 pm

I gave alec the run down on arma tonight, many many hours in aussie life role playing mod and lots of funnies (i loved the hours when i was runnin round with the rpg on my back) not to mention that the best single rocket i fired was at that hovering chopper over the city that just happened to have 3 human police players in it looking for me as i had already shot multiple people + cars with my rpg.. lol.. I was a wanted criminal! and just made it worse when I hit them mid air killing all 3 instantly and sending their chopper to the ground in a spectacular looking burning fire ball.. lol

Then we played an hour or so of warfare (standard military fighting stuff) but it wasn't nearly long enough!

We shall continue ur intro to arma in warfare tomorrow with much explosions, killings and heart pumping behind enemy lines missions.
ACC1
ACC1
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2. Empty Re: ArmA 2: Not short for Armed Assault 2.

Post  Scorch Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:30 am

Yeah, I would own it if my computer could run it. I could barely run the demo.

Give it a month or two, then maybe I can join you. Razz
Scorch
Scorch
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleczacool Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 am

Scorch wrote:Yeah, I would own it if my computer could run it. I could barely run the demo.

Give it a month or two, then maybe I can join you. Razz

Demo = Lower FPS than full game.

Reason: Optimisation of engine. I get about 20 fps difference.
Aleczacool
Aleczacool
Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorch Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:15 am

Yeah, I know that. I still would get like 20 fps on lowish detail. Not a good fps for a such a game.

But yeah, I might buy it anyway for the future, even if I can't play it on anything less than craptastic graphics. Depends on if the rest of these snobs want to buy it. Razz
Scorch
Scorch
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  bobstar_24 Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 am

At the moment I'm seriously considering buying it, for $45 plus like $3 shipping, I should have a boxed copy on my desk within 3-5 working days Very Happy
seems definitly worth $48 (especially for the mods) and the few minutes of my time to fil out the form online, not to mention all the fun we could have online
bobstar_24
bobstar_24
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleczacool Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 am

Key parts of the game:

Extremely good co-op support: One of the best co-op oriented games out there. Warfare, a gametype, is just mind blowing. The map is over 200km in game, and it's completely usable by the AI. Teamwork is FUN.

Smart AI enemies: While they don't have the smartest reflexes, they'll outflank you and use all their weapons against you. (Tested in editor. The AI in ArmA2 lean around corners and cover each other while they move through urban areas.)

Extremely realistic vehicle systems: Vehicles don't just have "health". If you shoot a tire a few times, it'll blow out, and you'll need an engineer/truck to come and fix it. This applies to all parts of the vehicle. If you damage the turret in a tank, it'll be unable to aim and therefore rendered useless, or it'll be destroyed completely.

Extremely hardcore: You get shot once in the chest, you're likely to get heavily injured, and you'll die, unless a medic gets to you quickly. If you get shot in the leg, you'll be unable to use them.

Moddability: As you saw last night, me and ACC1 were playing "Aussie Life". The meaning of RP, and there's also "A.C.E. 2", which is an even MORE realistic mod.

Hope to see you in-game soon! alien
Aleczacool
Aleczacool
Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post  bobstar_24 Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:13 am

Just ordered it now with express post! Very Happy (I was feeling a bit impatient)
Looking forward to joining you guys in-game
bobstar_24
bobstar_24
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  ACC1 Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:26 am

bobstar_24 wrote:Just ordered it now with express post! Very Happy (I was feeling a bit impatient)

REFLEX BUYER!

We tricked you, it sucks, you will hate it.

But really, you always do the "no time for gaming lifes to important" kinda shit, like i told you last night, arma is not a game you load up play for 15min then go do something else. I hope you took that into account or you will be disappointed.

It is not warband, it is a very in depth game. It is NOT for arcade players.
ACC1
ACC1
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  ACC1 Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:27 am

ACC1 wrote:
bobstar_24 wrote:Just ordered it now with express post! Very Happy (I was feeling a bit impatient)

REFLEX BUYER!

But really, you always do the "no time for gaming lifes to important" kinda shit, like i told you last night, arma is not a game you load up play for 15min then go do something else. I hope you took that into account or you will be disappointed.

Scorchwranger what are ur pc specs?
ACC1
ACC1
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorch Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:53 am

@ACCock:

Specs:
AMD X2 4200
2GB OCZ 533MHz
Nvidia 7900Gt

well, thats the important stuff anyways.
Scorch
Scorch
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  bobstar_24 Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:54 am

ACC1 wrote:

REFLEX BUYER!

No really, I really enjoy these kind of simulations and I do have time to play heaps, just not during the week as much. Mostly on weekends during the day when I'm avoiding doing homework and I'm not at work. I think you will be pleasantly surprised...
bobstar_24
bobstar_24
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Laszlo Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:53 am

Scorch wrote:@ACCock:

Specs:
AMD X2 4200
2GB OCZ 533MHz
Nvidia 7900Gt

well, thats the important stuff anyways.

ARMA 2 would omgwtfpwn that system
Laszlo
Laszlo
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleczacool Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Does you have it, Laszlo?
Aleczacool
Aleczacool
Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Laszlo Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Played the demo...
Laszlo
Laszlo
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorch Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Laszlo wrote:ARMA 2 would omgwtfpwn that system
Indeed. The demo ran at like 5 fps constantly. Razz

I neeeeeeed monies so I can upgrade.
Scorch
Scorch
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  HTAPAWASO Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Not usually big on shooters but it looks pretty good.

Definitely give the demo a go at least...

HTAPAWASO
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorch Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:30 pm

It ain't like other shooters. Just remember that. Coming into the game thinking you are going to immediately start shooting stuff is a wrong assumption for instance, you would be lucky to shoot something within the first 5 Minutes.

Still, if you like your fps's smart and realistic (really realistic), then ARMA II is the shiz.
Scorch
Scorch
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  ACC1 Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:48 pm

Laszlo wrote:Played the demo...

Always told everyone, demo is apparently no where near a good representation of the game.

FULL OR NUTIN!
Smile
ACC1
ACC1
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Scyneir Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:12 pm

I shall have a lookie at this =)
Scyneir
Scyneir

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleczacool Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:00 pm

So...

People that have it:

Aleczacool
ACC1

People that are getting it shortly:

Sushiman
Bobstar

People that are using/going to use the demo to see if they like it but are total retards because the full game is 100x better than the demo and should be shot: Razz

Laszlo
WASO
Marshall

People that want to buy it but can't right this second:

Scorch

The player count for the Oceanic servers is bigger than in Warband. It's awesome!

I'd love to organise a KoS Coop event, with our own mission that we can make with the awesome editor.

GET ON FIRST POST LOLOL

Last edited by Aleczacool on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Aleczacool
Aleczacool
Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Scorch Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Hey, get me the fuck off that list, I already tried the demo. Razz

Put me on the "I want to buy it but I can't right this second" list.
Scorch
Scorch
Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  ACC1 Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Put him on the "im a wank and wont just buy it from my brother for $5 who no longer plays it and will more likely give it to me for 5 bucks rather then leave it collecting dust."
ACC1
ACC1
Inner Circle Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Aleczacool Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:13 am

Updated first post!
Aleczacool
Aleczacool
Castellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Laszlo Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 am

People that are using/going to use the demo to see if they like it but are total retards because the full game is 100x better than the demo and should be shot:

Laszlo
WASO
Marshall

Bahaha I lol'd Smile
Laszlo
Laszlo
Grandmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum